- At least 24 small ring-stitch markers, and 6 removeable markers.
- size #6 circular needles: 2 sets 24” (to make the provisional cast-on) and 1 set 16” (for the neck opening) (additional pairs of size #4 or #5 if waist shaping is desired, as described later in the instructions)
- Darning needle
- Measuring tape
- Crochet thread or similar for adding lifelines
This top is designed for a linen blend fingering to light dk weight yarn that will relax some, such as:
- Elsabeth Lavold Hempathy: 5 balls (765yd) for x-small; 6 balls (918yd) for small and medium; 7 balls (1071yd) for large
- Berroco Cambria: 6 hanks (765yd) for x-small: 7 hanks (918yd) for small and medium; 8 hanks (1071yd) for large
- Bamboo Pop : 3 balls (765yd) for x-small: 4 (918yd) for small and medium; 4 balls (1071yd) for large
This top is custom sized to your measurements, suggested yarn quantities are guestimations based on average dimensions.
Because the fibers recommended for this design have a tendency to relax, this top is knit flat with slip stitched edges, and side seams. Working the seams from the bottom to the armpit, will add a directional structure that helps in a slight way to lift the fabric. The side seams also provide the gentle scallop at the hip that develops as the yarn relaxes over time into its life as a garment.