I see your frustration:
- Not knowing what yarns are safe to use when you or someone you are stitching for has fiber allergies, or how to substituted if a pattern is written for something that you don’t have, can’t get, or can’t use.
- Feeling dismissed when you walk into an upscale yarn shop and being looked at like you are from outer space when you ask about allergy safe yarns, or wool free yarns, or worse, mention that you crochet!
- Feeling like you have SO MUCH yarn already
Have you been sent to WalMart to buy Red Heart Super Saver because you crochet or have a fiber allergy?
I have! I get it. It’s discouraging.
I felt like my craft was inferior. I felt like I did not deserve to be able to use quality yarn to knit or crochet.
I felt like I didn’t deserve to get help, support, and teaching because my crochet was somehow inferior to their knitting.
All of these things, and more, are the lies that I was conditioned to believe, and eradicating those lies is what drove me to created Perfectly Knotty for you.
Because here’s the truth.
- Thinking knitting is better than crochet is like thinking that oil painting is better than water colors. How absurd is that!? One isn’t better than the other. They are totally different! They do different things and have different outcomes. Understanding what makes each technique unique and beneficial allows you to employ them where they are best suited.
- Crochet can ONLY BE DONE BY HAND! It cannot be made using a machine, the way knitting can! Crochet is just as deserving of “the good yarn” as knitting!
- There are LOTS of fibers that yarn can be made out of, and that is increasing every year! It DID used to be just sheep wool, silk and cotton, then along came bunny and goat angoras, then along came the man made nylon and acrylic fibers … and in the last 20 years, there has been a massive explosion of materials from truly human-made to natural-base human-processed, and traditionally understood naturally occurring fibers. It’s fascinating and amazing! Did you know that yarn can be made out of MILK [hyperlink]!? Ya, that’s a thing.
- If a fabric fiber does not feel good on your skin, it does NOT MATTER if you are allergic, sensitive, or just plain ole don’t like it!
Hi I’m Suzi Quillen. Empress of Yarn here at Perfectly Knotty. [insert photo of me]
I love 19th century literature, history, all things handmade and made from scratch, and a slow lifestyle.
I have been knitting and crocheting since I was about 6 years old. I learn from my grandma, but mostly just played and tried and explored … because no one told me I couldn’t!
I didn’t know I was a pattern designer until one day grandma said, “You can do that? That’s hard!” Well, I’m gald that she didn’t tell me that before!
And now I share that knowlege and passion with you through YouTube tutorials, a fun VIP Group on Facebook, beautiful yarns, fun patterns and more!
Sign up for the email newsletter to be sure to get all of the latest updates and a free welcome discount for your first order through the online store [create a welcome code and add it to the welcome sequence in mailchimp].
I personally package each order, and usually throw in a few little bonus things, like tea, a bit of whatever herb is fresh in the garden, a personal note of encouragement, or maybe a yarn sample, because I want you to have the most friendly and loving yarn shop experience I can provide, even if it is online!
You are welcome here!